Friday 26 February 2010

Prospects of imagination

This week I've gotten to page nine of the new volume one script! I did want to get more done, but half term proved to be a lot more packed out than I originally imagined. In fact everythings got so much busier, I almost completely forgot to update!

Very unlike me I tell you!

So what's been going on?

Well... like I said, I finished nine pages of v1 script. I'm on track (even if I wanted to spend more time writing!) so that's all good. The only thing I'm having a problem with at this moment in time is choosing the look and feel of the first part of the story.

Those of you who read the script last week will know that there's something to do with a door. And I need to decide whether we're going for a "dark and gloomy" look or whether we're going for something slightly different.

The first 11 or so pages are so crucial for the storyline that I need to get it right. Either I go for full blown scar, dark and gloomy or I go for something and slowly build the tension up.

One things for certain, this comic certainly isn't something light hearted. The way it's going to end for example is pretty horrific actually. But you'll all have to wait and see for that! And yes, that includes people who have already read the script! :P

Oh, except Kathryn. :P She knows what's happening but then she's the artist so she needs to know the basics of it!

Kathryn also stated that she thinks Jack needs a new haircut, but we're both too reluctant to resdesign him!

I love that guy!

Even if he is a prospect of my imagination... (I liked that phrase so much I decided to call it just that!)

We also discussed the actual design of one of the main supernatural beings in the comic (:P Yes I'm not naming anything! It'll spoil it!) because we both came to realise that:

a. they'd changed since the beginning.
b. we hadn't actually come up with a "proper" design on paper because we loved the character designing/ world building so much.
c. They're the most difficult thing to describe in the history of story telling.

I don't know how on earth I'd describe them to someone... I imagine saying something along the lines of:

"Well... they're these supernatural beings that...hang on, they're not exactly beings... OH BUGGER! Right...well you'll need to read the script to get any kind of grasp on what they do.. it's so hard to explain."

No comments:

Post a Comment