Friday 18 June 2010

50th blog post

50?! SINCE WHEN DID I MANAGE THAT?!

Anyway!

So this week Kathryn is in Ireland which means there hasn't been any development together on this comic. Whether she's done any drawings for Heartstones whilst being over there I have no idea, but I have began to write volume two, at least I did until I realized it didn't save and when I went back to do more was:

"Page One:

Title Page."

I was gutted, literally gutted.

I did cheer myself up by writing a bit of a synopsis for volume two, although I haven't had the heart to go back and write more of the script because (silly as it sounds) I'm mourning the loss of the old one.

Any writer who loses a bit of work finds it very irritating, and me being irritated means I sulk for a day and a half until I get back into writing the bit that was lost, again!

I will write it again when I've finished updating this though. :) Before I lost the said first bit of volume two, it was getting very exciting and I've managed to piece together what happens in the opening moments.

In a way, they're very critical (because of what happens in the end of V1!) and I need to give V2 the beginning it deserves because otherwise I'm not going to be happy with it. It's the same for the ending (the middle is the easy bit!), what happens at the end of V2 needs to live up to what I want it to be, because the characters and story deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment