Friday 11 June 2010

First off, I'd just like to say that I loved Kathryns update last week when I was away! And thankyou for all the lovely little compliments you gave me. I know sometimes you worry if you don't do my writing justice, but I'm the opposite and worry about whether my writing does your art justice! :P

This week, Kathryn and I have been FINISHING at college (and that's FE college for those of you outside the UK, we're not at uni yet) and Kathryn I think has officially finished all of her work. So congrats to her! I've still got a little bit to go but I suspect that will be finished on monday/over the weekend.

Then I'm finished too.

It feels very weird I can tell you. Although sometimes I think we get distracted by other things about college, when I thought about it in more detail this is everything we've been working for over the last two years. We've been trying to get a qualification that'll get us into university.

And we've almost, very, very, nearly done that :D

Heartstones was a project that was thought of whilst I was at this college and soon became a topic that Kathryn and I discussed for hours in class as we did our work. If anything, I'll look back on this when it's all finished very fondly and I'm sure the words “college” and “heartstones” will be linked in small ways.

I still remember very fondly the day she asked me to do a comic with her, oh yes it wasn't my idea! :P It was all Kathryn!

We were standing in the LRC (or library in other words but for some reason it's called the Learning Resource Center at our college!) during one of the breaks and she just suddenly said "would you like to do a comic of one of your fanfictions with me?"

Of course I said yes, immediately from what I remember.

A few days later she brought in a wolverine comic that had a script example inside it at the back, as I hadn't really been into reading comics yet alone writing one! I can remember looking at it very carefully during that lesson and grabbing my notebook to have ago at writing the doctor who comic.

That then grew into the first comic project of ours and I was penning Doctor Who comics for weeks, everywhere I went in these little notebooks I carried around with me. Which then finished two months later, but I couldn't let this kind of storytelling go after that and we decided to start our very own, original webcomic. And on Boxing Day 2008 I came up with this comic and now have a website, plus millions of words in the script and a lovely artist (and best friend :D) who draws brilliant pictures very much like the one below!



This is a lovely drawing of Jack and Eliza dancing that Kathryn's done this week. I really love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment