Thursday 12 August 2010

Debates and character deigns

This week the ongoing script is getting written. I haven't gotten as much done as I'd liked to though which I'm a bit narked about. But as with last week it's getting there, very, very slowly and I do think that it's making better progress than it was a few weeks ago. :)

Kathryn and I went out yesterday for our usual cafe/town ritual and talked all afternoon and night until my Mum picked me up to go home. But we always went back to talking about Heartstones and discussing the storyline and character designs further than we have done.

We've focussed a lot on the storyline before (hence the constant rewrites of V2) but then Kathryn announced that we needed to finalise the character designs. Although we've discussed outfits and the way the characters look many times before when she said that it did occur to me that we didn't have a picture where we could say “that's the final design!” because, as with the story, the designs just kept changing all the time.

Eliza and Jack seem to be the characters that were (and usually are for that matter) talked about the most. And I realised (partly because it never occurred to me) that they're also the ones with the most costume changes through out the comic. I thought it was quite interesting deciding where they'd change their clothes and what exactly they're clothes were through out.

I don't want to say what they are because I may well just spoil it all. I know it's nothing crucial to the storyline or anything but it's always a lot more interesting when you don't anything about a comic I think! So I'll keep my mouth shut on that one.

We also debated about a certain pair within the comic (course I'm not saying who! You can wait an see or guess! :P) and what their relationship is. It's one topic that Kathryn and I right from the very beginning of this comic always seem to debate about. I think we reached a decision about what would happen a long time ago, but we always go back to it because we clearly want something to happen between them.

The question is whether it's right for the story. And after some rather amusing sought out guidance from someone we know, we managed to make a decision on what should happen. But even after that decision was made, we still went back to it. It's like a little default that we resort back to! 0_o

We just have a lot of fun in the process!

And when I think on it. No matter how much stress or aggravation there may be sometimes with this project (and every other project it is we do!) it's always fun. Every time Kathryn and I have sat down together or sent an email with a document or picture attached we have fun.

And that's all that matters. :)

Isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment