Friday 6 August 2010

Plans

This week I've been ill, the cold that was creeping up on me last week got me down for the entire weekend and I didn't quite recover properly until monday. Then I went out and got a hang over, which mixed with the after effects of a cold do not go very well together. So my plans for writing a lot more of Heartstones went out the window whilst I lived off strepsils this week.

'Course it's just about gone now and I spent quite a lot of time yesterday getting the first scenes right for V2. It's a slow progress this one, but it's getting there and Kathryn seems to think it's a lot better whenever she reads it, so that at least gives me a little bit of confidence.

If there's one thing I've worked out when it comes to making web comics, it's that planning is helpful. It doesn't need to be a plan that's set in stone because you can change it round whenever you get a new idea. But if you write what you want to happen down, I find it fixes the plot in your head a bit more solidly and I think at this moment in time, it's better with the plan, just because I know exactly where everything's going.

Writing should be the easy part now.

Other than all of this, there's not that much else to say I'm afraid.

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment