Friday 9 April 2010

Character Profiles, Squees and Dragons

Kathryn and I saw How To Train Your Dragon again on wednesday. And because I'm slightly obsessed with dragons and stories about dragons at this moment in time. This little story emerged and wouldn't let me write Heartstones until I'd finished it.

So if you're interested in seeing something else of my work then look at Radiers!

From the way I'm going, and if I get a move on within the next week. I reckon volume one could be finished and ready for Kathryn to draw extremely soon. I asked her the other day about how she was going to draw it and I think (unless things change!) that the moment I've finalised v1 she'll get on and draw it.

I can't wait to see it!

If you read my previous blog you'd probably know that Kathryn and I did a "squee" picture and scene together. On Wednesday we showed the works to each other and I think that the picture is now definitely one of my favourite ones she's done. Plus her style has just improved so much, I don't understand how she manages it to draw things to quickly let alone improve within a week of us seeing each other!

So yes, well done to Kathryn for doing a fantastic job on the squee picture. I would put it up here but lack of the said picture being here with me at my house is hindering me from scanning it. :P

Kathryn also forwarded me an article last night in which I found the following character profile. So I decided that I'd attempt to try this character profile out and see what happens!

The article I found it on stated that it took the person writing it hours to complete, so I suspect this may take quite a while! And I do want to take my time with it. :) I did do some character profiles before last year, but (and it also states this on the other blog which I thoroughly agree with!) I don't think I knew the characters as well I do now then, so it was quite a long drawn out process and I couldn't answer them very well sometimes! So maybe this will be a lot easier to fill out this time around! :D

Here's hoping anyway!

So the moment that's done (and so long as it doesn't give a load of spoilers away!) then I may well post it on here as a special feature. :D It's about time you lot got to know the characters a little more!

If there's a particular character you've seen on the website that you'd like to know more about, then do get in touch and leave a comment! :) I will quite happily do a requested more detailed character profile. :)

See you all next week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment