Friday 16 April 2010

Crying Characters

The Easter holidays has gone so quickly! I swear it seems like only a few days ago, yet a lot has happened all at the same time.

It's a very odd thing to happen.

I've found myself looking round a house and area near my university today. I came away loving it and really wanting to go and live there in September. I also bought Comic Heros issue 1 which I thought was a rather good "first" object to purchase in my new town considering the majority of my time learning about writing comics will most likely be spent there!

Anyway! Onto Heartstones! :D

V1 is coming towards a close. I've gotten the majority of it done which is what I fully intended to do during this last two weeks of holiday I've had. And I'm very pleased with the progress I've had for it. I think the comic is likely to be a lot shorter than I though it would be, which is good because it means there's less for Kathryn to draw!

I hope that wasn't an issue before hand!

The character profiles I said I was going to do has been started. I'm writing Jacks, but as the writing of the actual comic has gotten slightly more important than the character profile it's been stalled slightly. All the same, it was interesting to look at the characters in more detail, but I think it may well take a long time after that!

Kathryn and I went out again this week and we debated and dicused the idea of who would cry and who wouldn't cry in the comic. We both came to the conclusion that the most cry-able characters in this comic would be: (1 being the most likely!)

1. Eliza - not because she's a girl! I've decided that she's just someone who would allow her emotions out.

2. Henry - again I think he's just a man who would allow his emotions out. There's nothing wrong with men crying so why not allow him to if he ever needed it?

3. Jack - the thing you need to know about Jack is that he mopes. If he's in a mood, then you can guarantee that there's going to be a lot of moping on his behalf! Not only is this very amusing to me as a writer, it fits who he is.

So would he cry if something extremely devastating happened ?(no that's not a spoiler! we were talking extremely hypothetically)

We decided that he would, but only after he cracked. And he'd most likely be in a very quiet and deserted place!

4. Riley - he's a mysterious character so it's hard to judge. But he's very similar to Jack in that he doesn't let his emotions out very much. If something's up, then he's in a very bad mood. He doesn't mope, he just gets extremely grumpy.

So I really don't think you'll be seeing this guy crying very often!

To be honest I don't think you'd see any of them crying that often, if at all. Well with the exception of Eliza, she does seem to cry a little bit. But not in a "mopey, annoying teenager" way. If any of the characters in this comic were to cry, then it would be for a good reason. I don't want to write it in for the sake of squeeing! I suppose our discussion developed the characters even more, and just shows how much we know about them and who they are/what we want them to be! To anyone listening it must sound as though they're real people!

Kathryn also did some more character designs whilst we were talking about when the characters would cry. We both noticed that her style had changed and well, they look fantastic!

I can't wait to see this comic up in it's full form!

It's going to be brilliant. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment