Friday 2 April 2010

Dragons!

How to Train Your Dragon is probably one of the best animated films I've seen in a very long time. And I even prefer it to AVATAR! Now thta's saying something because I wound up seeing that four times and loving it even more each time (despite the storyline. 0_O)

Anyway, as a result of this rather Dragon filled week that Kathryn and I have been living. It got me thinking, and remembering a time when there was a sea monster (sorry I know it's not a dragon!) living at the bottom of the lake whilst Jack, Riley and Eliza attempted to cross it.

This scene was in the original volume three and unless I change my mind, it won't be in the actual script, or if it is, then it'll be very different to the one you see here (eg we may well actually have a dragon rather than an octopus thing!) Either way, it doesn't give too much away (I hope!) and it's just a fun filled (rather wet and funny!) scene. :P I know this is certainly one of Kathryn and I's favourite parts from the old Heartstones and I want to show it to the world...well... people who read this blog anyway, whoever you may be! :P

View The script here:

If you look at the script you see that (well I see that, you lot haven't seen the other script unless your Kathryn or Rob!) it's a less descriptive that the way it is now. I write things in a lot more detail these days, although I do find writing descriptions quite hard sometimes I think it's quite nice to see that I have improved. :)

It's also the easter holidays over here in the UK, which means I have two weeks off for anything I'd like to do. And I fully intend to use this two weeks devoting myself to the Heartstones script and if possible getting volume one finished or almost finished.

I have a plot point I definitely want to get to and a bit later on in the day, I'm going to start. :D Will let you know how that one goes next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment