Friday 23 April 2010

Mermaid Madness

Over the last week I have become slightly more obsessed (again! this has happened before several times since I was the six year old who carried an Ariel doll with me everywhere!) with The Little Mermaid. And when authors of a webcomic/graphic novel become ever so slightly obsessed with the said film, the best friend and artist gets involved and...well... the author states that she simply must draw this:



JACK AS A MERMAID!

And he's not at all happy about it!

I've reached up to page 31 in the script! I'm really pleased with the progress it's made over the easter break because now I'm in a situation where I've almost finished it. :P The aim is to get it so that it's no more than around 50 pages, because last time we wound up with a 300 page graphic novel that really did needed to be cut down and quicker moving.

Just so it didn't get boring!

So yes, we've revamped the story (which is now so much better!), rewritten and when the script is finalised, Kathryn will start drawing it. She's told me how she's planning on drawing it and well I can't wait to see it! This is the time Kathryn and I have been working/planning/looking forward to for the last year and a half.

I really can't wait til I see that first page! Not necessarily up on the internet, don't get the wrong impression and take this as a "The comic is going to start in the next few weeks!" because I also know that it'll take a bit to get through 50 pages with the detail that the comic needs to be! So don't be expecting something very soon! Soonish yes, but not so soon it'll be in the next week!

What I mean to say is, I can't wait to see the script come to life. My scripts are just words, granted you can read them, but it's Kathryn who's going to bring the whole thing to life! And I can't wait to see her do that, because I know she'll excel with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment