Friday 23 July 2010

*insert interesting title*

This week has been so busy with parties and trips that poor little Heartstones hasn't had much work on it. Although I have now redone things, and am feeling a lot better about the whole thing. I do sometimes wonder whether I could call this blog “Heartstones weekly complaints” or something because I do wonder if sometimes, all I do is complain!

But of course, it's quite normal to do that. And I do love it all still, if I didn't then I wouldn't be here every week typing out a load of blogs now would I? :P

The story now appears to flow a bit better and I'm much happier with it all, for the moment at least! I don't know why it turned out to be such a difficult part of the project to write, but it was, and I suppose there's not much I can do about apart from fixing it and getting on with the rest.

Onto the next little extra feature for today! :D

The two little paragraphs of a story I don't know if I'll continue or not (we'll see if I get any inspiration for it!) is below. It's meant to be a story about Jack before the events that bring Eliza and him to meet happens. It's not very long (nor very good! And yes I know I've said that a lot this week! I'm still in a rut), and really is just a bit of a random story, but I think when finished it'll help me more with character developments!

Every author should know they're characters sins after all shouldn't they? :P

*****

The pub reverberated with the sounds of mens laughter and late night chatter as they played poker or discussed affairs that were important to them. The old, glass paned door to the little inn at the side of a Victorian street opened and Jack walked in.

His nostrils filled with the smoke that filled the room and he felt his throat tighten immediately. Yet the man that waved to him from behind the bar distracted him and Jack smiled as he walked over to greet him.

“Good evening,” Jack said, shaking the hand of the mans, “I believe The Professor made an appointment...”

“Indeed he did Master Fellows.” the man said coming from behind the bar and gesturning for Jacks coat and top hat. “The work that goes on here is of high secrecy. Whatever it is you are shown tonight you must not tell anyone.”

*****

And that's literally all I've done. :P Not very refined yet is it? WIP!

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment