Monday 12 July 2010

SKYPEY TIMES!

ast night Kathryn and I hopped onto Skype, worked out how to make it so that both of our screens could be seen and I merrily watched (and chatted and giggled like we always do) her putting the finishing touches to the very first page of Heartstone Odyssey. :)

It was a very surreal thing to do. After almost two years of this comic being made, we're finally at a point where things are coming together and Kathryn's beginning to draw it. But I think the page looks great, she's worked really hard on it and well I love it.

Although how on earth she uses Photoshop I'll never know. It looked very complicated to me! I do have photoshop, but I wouldn't know how to use it beyond adding a lens flare every now and then.

I don't think you'll be seeing the actual comic until a bit later on in the year because I believe Kathryn wants to literally be a volume ahead with the drawing before we start updating the website with the comic, which to me makes complete sense!

She also mentioned that she'd like to have V2 drawn by the end of the year (I think!). So I'd better get writing hadn't I? Volume Two needs to be finished by the end of the summer (preferably the end of the month, but I don't know how realistic that is!) because I want two volume of it safely under my belt by the time I go to university.

Then I'll only need worry about the remaining two (or one if this story continues to condense itself further!) volumes. Although again, idealistically I'd love to have V3 done by the end of August/early September as well.

Whilst Kathryn was drawing/adding effects on in photoshop I was batting out the next few pages on V2. Currently its only on page 12, but quite a lot has happened I suppose. Of which is for Kathryn and I to know and people who might actually read this to find out.

I'm going to go now and get on with more V2! Ahh I love it.

I do feel quite sorry for my male characters though... (once again, you'll find out!)

On with the write a thon! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment