Saturday 26 December 2009

Happy Birthday!

Yes this week it's a happy birthday heartstones post. :) I'll resume the normal week by week blog next week. 

The next sentence I'm going to type out may well seem like some kind of obsessed teenage sad memory.

Today it is Heartstones birthday. Well actually tomorrow is Heartstones birthday because today is christmas day. I'm writing this in my Dads kitchen somewhere in the midst of mountains in Scotland. But yes, by the time you read this it'll be Boxing Day and that means that it's the day I came up with the initial idea, and wrote down the first couple of pages of 

Heartstones.

It's hard to believe that it was one year ago since I started this project.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEARTSTONES!

Sad eh? Yeah I know. But when you get something in your mind, whether that be a book, game, film, jwellery, brand of shoes, television show, flowers, stories, pens, pencils or just a picture in your head and you soon find that the object or image or just anything is in your life constantly.

A year ago today I didn't actually think that it'd still being written. Truth be told that I'm only just getitng towards the end of volume three (there's four volumes) because I've just been so busy. But I know that when everythings finished and dusted off, and Kathryn draws those first couple of pages it will be fantastic.

And that's why I wanted to say Happy Birthday to Heartstones. Because it's special to me, why on earth I remember the actual date I thought of it and wrote it down I have no idea. That's not something I'm going to understand, but I love it anyway.

I love this project, I love the world, I love the characters and the plot.

What more could a writer ask for?

Maybe a best friend who's stuck with me on this for the last year? Yeah, that's pretty brilliant too. :) Heartstones would not be like this if it hadn't been for her, it's not just my world. It's Kathryns as well, and I need to thank her for her upmost support, creativity and love towards this project. If we have another year of upmost dedication towards this project (which undoubtably we will!) then I can only imagine how much more developed this story will bein every single aspect.

Thankyou Kathryn. I'm always going to appreciate the support you have in this project, and every other project that I've done. You've been brilliant. :) Love you! 

Also, happy holidays. Whatever it is you're doing at this time of year, I hope you're having a brilliant time. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment