Friday 19 March 2010

Arty Stuff

This week, I've been busy with college mainly. We didn't spend another tutor lesson trying to choose a font for the header. Instead this week (although granted this wasn't in tutor!) we used a break to try and design the new header. I love the header we've got, but Kathryn doesn't feel satisfied with it and her drawing style has changed so much since we did that little header. So we're changing it and designing another one when we next go out hopefully.

I think the next few weeks are going to be a bit weird, we're finishing college (our second year!) in the next few months and work and projects will be coming to a close. Soon enough we'll be saying goodbye to people we've gotten close to and I think it's going to be quite an emotional time for the both of us.

I'm sure we'll pull through though. :)

Another thing that's drawing to a close is the writing on Heartstones. I've properly planned everything out now. I know the plot points, I know what's going to happen in each volume so it's just a matter of sitting down and writing it. I know it seems like I've still got a lot to do, but when you've really only got about six months left of the writing process left (because I want to have it finished by September!)and have spend the last year a bit getting to this stage, it's not very long at all.

And then once the writing is finished and the scripts are finalised it's Kathryns turn. She'll do the art for it and take it over. :) I'll soon be running to my emails every week to see what the art work is going to be for the newest page!

I can't wait to see that. It's one thing creating a world, creating a story and characters and spending the majority of your free time (or not so free time :P) thinking and planning it. But from an authors point of view, because I am an author with this thing I suppose!, there's something about seeing the pieces of your world and story being brought to life by these drawings that I love. I know Kathryn will do well with it, even if she doesn't believe it herself.

I just hope the story does her art justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment