Saturday 27 March 2010

Hats and Cloaks

Sorry for the day late update folks! Yesterday was so busy that I didn't manage to get it done in the time slot I wanted to and so had to push it back to today! :)

The last week has found me making films for college projects. Kathryn and I (plus some friends) spent the entire of last Saturday in the rain attempting to film for my Final Major Project at college. I haven't directed anything like that before so it was quite interesting to see what it's like! 

Stressful. lol 

Anyway, this means that the time I've usually spent on at least trying to write Heartstones had done right the way down so I don't think this weeks writing progress has gotten quite as far as it could of done. Never the less, I did manage to get a little bit down and I think it's one of the best bits I've written for it so far. 

Kathryn stated that the characters were just so much more developed now we've started all over again and she's right. They really are. I don't stop and look at the page anymore wondering what the character "should" say next, I just know. And that's because we've gone through all this development the last year a half. 

We also mused over what Jacks opening outfit should be and Kathryn drew him with a top hat and cloak. :) It grew on me and now I really love the first design of him, course, I suspect the top hat may well get lost somewhere along the way once they encounter these....




And then of course I decided that Jack should also have gloves and he's wound up looking ever the victorian gentlemen that were in fashion at the time and everything that he should be. :) But once he encounters the Shadows (see above) then I suspect the hat and gloves may well get forgotten about...

So yes, once again, we've had a lot of designs (again! :) It's very fun!) and a little bit of writing (which again was very fun!).

Speaking of which, I'm going to do a bit more now. :) I'm nearly 20 pages in and it's time for Henry to be introuduced! Why do I think this is going to be rather funny?

No comments:

Post a Comment