Friday 7 May 2010

The End of Volume 1

As the title suggests, the end of V1 is near. I've gotten past my personal aims, hit another dead end but sorted it out fairly quickly and Kathryn and I are now in planning and talk for the finale of the volume. I know how it's going to end, I've always known it. But now it's come to it, Kathryn and I have had to talk about the whole scenario and discuss exactly what is going to happen. Just because it's such an important part of the story and we want and need to get it right.

Because the story, characters and art deserve it to be the best it could possibly be.

The thing about me (and Kathryn for that matter!) is that we both love dramatic, tense things that make you lose your breath for a moment. And if there's one thing I wish to achieve with this ending is that we both do that. And of course you readers will hopefully do the same thing!

At least, that's the intent. :P

So, I really hope that when I sit down and write the ending (which will hopefully be tonight or another few days in the next week because it's not far off at all!) I get the adrenalin rush that I always do when I write scenes like the ending of V1 is going to be.

We had another trip to the cinema, where as usual we find ourselves chattering away in the cafe after the film. And we talked about Heartstones. In fact that's all we've done all week, and because of this, we've wound up developing the world, characters, story and art even more. We've been working on this project for two years, so it's hilarious when we say something else and decide that we hadn't gotten answer for it. So therefore make one up straight away and the whole thing is just so much more developed.

We find it brilliant and strangely amusing all at the same time.

I love it.

When this project was started I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't know anything about how to write a graphic novel script, I didn't know that there needed to be a bit more planning involved on more lengthy projects such as this. And I certainly never expected to find this world inside my head that sometimes feels as though it's real.

We know the characters so well now, I can hear them speaking themselves. Sometimes I wonder whether it's this lot in my imagination that are writing this story.

And I suppose in some regards they are!

I'm signing off and probably now going to spam the website with a load of drawings Kathryns now scanned! And yes, it is my upmost pleasure to announce that the artist now has a scanner of her very own!

There's nothing holding us back from doing this comic now!

ON WE GO! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment