Friday 28 May 2010

New Header

Annoyingly, I'd written out about three paragraphs then accidentally deleted the whole lot of it! So meh to my mouse!

This week Kathryn and I have both been working hard to get some work in before the weeks holiday we have over here in the UK. The work we did (much to our amusement) turned out to be 22 pages each! We've sometimes realised that we've said things in similar ways, or described film sequences in the same order, but I think having one that's the same length is a new one and is quite hilarious when you think about it!

We are very similar. :D

Anyway, so because we've been busy writing these reports and other little things within college that needed to get finished we haven't had a lot of time to concentrate on editing Heartstones (although do bear in mind that it's just about done now!)

But, when we have managed to get the time we decided that we would attempt to design the new header. I personally am extremely fond on the one we have now, but the new one is ten times better and I can't wait to see it! I think the website needs something else adding to it because neither of us are 100% happy with it, and when this new header is finished it may well be what we'd been searching for.

Either that or we just get a new website. It's something we've been considering anyway!

It took us a long time to come up with an idea for it. We knew we wanted it to be dramatic and exciting, but when it came down to actually thinking about what it may be, it was a lot harder than what was expected. We came up with some other ideas and Kathryn drew them (all of which I love in they're own right) but we hadn't got the right one by that point. And so Kathryn and I finished our last day of this half term of college and left for home with the instrcutions that when the burst of inspiration did happen, we were to tell the other immediately. :D

Merely hours later, that happened!

My mother and I were walking around the massive shopping centre we have here, and as my mum was blathering away to me I got an image in my head. It was so sudden and random that I couldn't quite work out where it came from but it's not unusual for me, I can be sitting on a bus or walking through a door (*coughs* to people to have read the script and are Kathryn, there was no pun intended there!) when ideas hit me.

And of course, Kathryn loved it. :D

And I love it.

It's dramatic, intriguing, emotional and exciting and I can't wait to see it when I meet up with Kathryn next week! I don't know if she's finished drawing it yet but you know, I'm excited anyway.

I just want to see it. :) As I'm sure she's the same when it comes to the dramatic, intriguing, emotional and dramatic scene I've written in my notebook! :D And yes Kathryn, I have done it, I'd just fallen asleep before I could reply to your emails last night.

We'd decided a long time ago that it should be something more than just a random header with the characters. We wanted it to be something that fitted into the story, and this one does just that. Although so does the one we have now, but I don't think it's got the “dramatic” factor that Kathryn and I are craving at this moment in time.

I suggested that we could just use the picture I posted on here a few weeks back. But then we realised it was quite a romantic picture, and that just wouldn't fit at all. Much as I love the picture and squee when we think of romantic happenings that could go into the comic and it's characters, this story isn't about a romance, it's about friendships and journeys and sci fi-fantasy happenings that threaten the world!

Everything that Kathryn and I love to watch and read within the films, books and graphic novels we're addicted to. Of course we're not copying things, yes we get inspired by them but we don't ever copy. I love making up ideas that are mine, not someone elses. And I refuse to attempt copy something either.

And that's what this project is about. It's for both of us to make something that we enjoy (and hopefully you will as well) but at the end of the day we're not looking for massive website views or getting it published. Yes of course we've considered this, but this project is going ahead because we love it. If we didn't love it as much as we do then this would have been abandoned years ago.

And only that.

We're making this our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment