Monday 25 January 2010

My personal fav graphic novels:

I won't lie, I haven't read many. And some part of me finds this very shocking considering I'm writing one. So I haven't looked at the big ones like Watchmen or Bat Man or Spider man or any of those other comic series.

But I've read the following webcomics/graphic novels:

Tamara Drewe and Gemma Bovery by Posy Simmonds. Both of them are different from the usual graphic novel format because they're written for a newspaper. At least Tamara Drewe was anyway, they both have written narratives along the page and comics. It's a different way to tell stories and I loved them both. They're not science fiction or fantasy or super hero comics like most of the ones I've encountered are, they're just plain and simple day to day dramas about people and life.

I love them.

Y The Last Man series:

I do love this series. Kathryn was the one who introduced these to me and I've been addicted ever since. I haven't read them all, but I've read some and it's certainly one of the best. The art is brilliant the story is just really gripping and dramamtic and well very sad.

Much as sometimes men can be pains, I'd hate for them all to die! I love them far too much for that.

2000 AD:

I've only seen a couple of issues of this. But I like it. The little stories inside it were really interesting, funny and gripping all in one go. :) I liked it, and want to see more! No doubt I'll hear all about 2000 AD once I get to uni! :P

Biston:

This is a strange one! :P I was reading it last week and wondered what on earth it was part of, that being said, I did like it. :) The story was interesting and flowed well, set in the future where people can live in an alternate reality. :

Very sci fi. And if it's sci fi, I'll enjoy it. :)

I just don't think it'd be something I'd write myself... not really into guns. :P

Webcomics:

The Pheonix Requiem by Sarah Ellerton.

This has got to be my absolute favourite out of the whole lot of them. It's the first ever webcomic I read (so maybe there I'm also slightly biased. :P) and I do literally go back every week to see the updates.

*loves the story, loves the art and most of all I love Jonas*

I've also read Inverloch, which is just as brilliant. :D I do blame these two for my lack of makign Heartstones a short webcomic. I think I say PR and thought "ahh...it has to be over 100 pages each!!!!!!*

Course, it goes with the flow of the story, it's just a very tense kind of webcomic.

Oh yeah possible readers who are looking at this, you're in for a tense and dramatic ride. :P

And the little random blog is over, I feel a bit more chirpy. I was a bit emotional when I left college today, but I won't bore you all of that! :P Nothing important, but in case some of you who are possibly reading this did actually notice that (I was very paranoid! :P) I'm fine now. :)

Can't wait to see Kathryns heartstones fanfiction either, I think that might just put me in a good mood again.

Odd and unusual extra ramble over!

No comments:

Post a Comment