Friday 29 January 2010

Week... whatever.

I'm losing track of what the week is so I'm just gonna give up calling it that! :P

This week, well I've been reading a book. It's called Retribution Falls by Chris Wooding and if anything it's gotten me into such a retro-future state of mind that if I'm not careful Jack and Eliza may well find themselves in my notebook on a sky ship. 0_o

I finished volume 3 a few weeks ago and I'm attempting to begin volume 4. :) Like I've mentioned before it's the last one in the series so this is going to feel a bit weird I think. I've been working on this project for over a year and I've finally learnt a good way of writing it.

Although I may know a format that works for me I actually haven't got the foggiest what to do next. So, my next plan in experimentation! is to write out a plan, scene by scene and see what happens. I'm hoping that if I start planning it I may be able to write it more quickly.

I have a deadline (well personal I know!) of next year, which works well because it gives Kathryn a lot of time to experiment and work out the way she wants to draw it. But I suspect the actual writing of it will be finished this summer, then I can edit it all for a few months.

That's my plan anyway. It'll probably change all over again once life starts getting busy again! But I'm happy with it for now!

I'm hoping we'll get a few more little comics done as well, they're very fun to produce!

No comments:

Post a Comment